This workshop will be of interest to senior leaders of primary and secondary schools. It will address key issues of equality in education and provide simple and practical ideas to help schools raise achievement, address prejudice and reduce bullying through attending to equality holistically. Over and above helping schools fulfil their legal duties, this is a practical, "hands on" workshop designed to be engaging and constructive. Participants are encouraged to bring examples of equality challenges from their own school, for consideration during the workshop. The workshop has been subsidised by the Goodall Foundation and is offered to participants free of charge.
The workshop is framed around CSIE’s go-to guide “Equality: Making It Happen – a guide to help schools ensure everyone is safe, included and learning” (www.csie.org.uk/resources/current.shtml), a copy of which will be offered to every school represented at this event free of charge (RRP £75). In its 36-year history, CSIE has established an excellent track record of providing resources and training that support the development of more inclusive settings. School leaders have said of our equality guide: “This should be part of every teacher’s toolkit” and “An absolutely amazing resource that is easy to use and extremely well designed” and of our training: “Clear and concise. Able to tailor to our needs”, “Very useful, thought-provoking & well presented” and “Engaging, enthusiastic, informative.”
- recognise some instances of institutional discrimination;
- identify stereotypes and prejudices facing children and young people in schools;
- describe the different ways in which disability is understood;
- reduce barriers to learning and participation for children and young people in their school;
- have confidence and language for challenging any indication of prejudice;
- identify ways to better promote equality in their school;
- plan and take action on any equality issue which may arise in their school.
Any difficulties with booking onto this course please email firstname.lastname@example.org. This is an accessible venue.
School senior leaders, Equality or Inclusion Leaders, Governors